At the CFM Mortuary
- Police will arrange for the family to view and identity the deceased’s body in the presence of the Coroner.
- The Coroner will review the case and determine if an autopsy is required.
- Family will be informed of the Coroner’s decision and the time to claim the body for funeral.
- If autopsy reveals that the death is unnatural, Police will need to conduct further investigations into the cause of death and the family will need to assist. Once the investigation is completed, the family will be informed to attend a Coroner Inquiry at the Subordinate Court.
Items to bring to CFM Mortuary
- Identification papers of the deceased and informant, e.g. NRIC/Passport/Fin Card.
- All medical documents related to the deceased.
- All medicine consumed by the deceased.