The goals of the Volunteer programme are to better partner, retain and integrate the volunteers into the COSC team. We aim to provides clarity on the objectives and roles of volunteers, maximise our volunteer's God-given gifts for service and to develop volunteers as effective helpers.
Volunteering begins with a short chat for us to know one another better, followed by briefing and training, placement, and then commencement. Regular review sessions will be conducted to connect with the volunteers and to better understand any concerns you might have.
As a volunteer, you will receive ministry updates, opportunities and prayer requests from us.
Here are the volunteer opportunities available:
Be a Befriender
Provide social support to the poor and needy families and isolated individuals
· Able to commit for at least a year.
· Able to visit the beneficiary at least once a month.
· Provide friendship & support to the beneficiaries.
· Invite beneficiary to suitable PMC activities for the neighbourhood.
· Able to converse in Chinese, Dialects, Malay or Tamil is an advantage.
· Adults (min age 18 years old).
· Groups e.g. life groups or group of friends.
Click here to be a befriender.
Be A Tutor
Provide regular academic guidance to help Primary or Secondary students from poor and needy families
· Work with tutee(s) to improve their understanding in certain subjects.
· Able to meet up with tutee(s) weekly for at least 6 months.
· Schedule tutoring session with tutee(s) or their parents.
· Experience in tutoring is preferred.
• Young adults or adults with teaching experience (min age 18 years old).
Click here to be a volunteer tutor.
3. Ad-hoc/ Share-A-Skill/ Admin
Ad-hoc/ Share-A-Skill/ Admin
Offer your skills to help our beneficiaries and/or support our work with them.
· Enjoy engaging people.
· Possess skill(s)/workshop(s) which could help the beneficiaries better e.g. graphic designing, writing, IT, training, admin, photography, or any other professional skills.
· Be involved in any of the following areas:-
o Assist in coordinating and conducting activities.
o Assist in administrative work (e.g. conduct surveys, data entry).
o Befriend and ensure the safety of beneficiaries during outings.
· Open to all.
Click here to volunteer you time and talents
4. Group Volunteer
If your life group, ministry, or group of friends has an idea on how to outreach to the neighbourhood, come and explore with us. All ideas are welcome, be it organising a birthday party or putting up a performance. Let your creativity flow and turn it into a blessing to others. You can contact the church office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.